Thursday's English - 14/5/20
Find attached the third and fourth parts of the poetry sessions from the poet Martyn Harvey...
Here is Part 3 of the Martyn Harvey videos: The Wurm!
And here is part 4:
Once you have watched them, you could try one of these tasks:
- Have a mini-bug hunt in your garden. Could you do a tally chart and produce a bar chart afterwards?
- Create an animation about a bug or beast - just like the giant worm in clip 3.
- Recreate Mr McAuley's drawings of a worm and a slug.
- Do your own drawings (real life or caricature) of the bugs you find in your garden.
- Describe a bug using alliteration, as Martyn Harvey does with the slug at the start of clip 4.
- In clip 4, Martyn says, 'A picture tells a story' - take his picture in the potting shed with the farmer and 3 slugs and write a short story to go with that scene.