What is our curriculum intention?
At Ramsgate Arts Primary School, providing our pupils with thought-provoking, relevant and connected content has been a strong driver when creating our school’s curriculum. We believe in the value of each subject and the importance of ensuring that pupils in our school have every opportunity to access the knowledge and skills they are entitled to in order to prepare them for the next stages of their school lives.
Our key aims for providing a high-quality curriculum are as follows:
- Provide a full and ambitious curriculum that is accessible to all learners, yet offers challenge to those who need it.
- Ensure that as learners move through the school they gain the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding preparing them for success at the next stages of their lives (both personally and academically).
- Ignite interest, appreciation, passion and joy into learning and becoming educated.
How do you meet these aims?
At Ramsgate Arts Primary School, in addition to meeting our aims by ensuring a robust and clear approach to curriculum implementation and evaluation, we do the following:
- Develop an understanding of subjects.
- Ensure a high-quality Arts curriculum.
- Focus on knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Provide high-quality content that inspires and engages our pupils.
- Ensure that ur curriculum content is cohesive and progressive.
- Make use of enrichment opportunities.
- Expand pupils’ knowledge and use of vocabulary.
- Engage parents into our aims and content.
- Monitor and evaluate the intent, implementation and impact of teaching and learning in all subjects.
Read more about each of these actions on our curriculum policy.
What is the impact of our curriculum?
In addition to other outcomes, as a result of our implemented curriculum our pupils have-
- Received their full curriculum entitlement.
- Learnt to understand and value all subjects.
- Developed knowledge and skills that build year on year.
- Made genuine and relevant connections between learning content.
- Enjoyed enriching and memorable experiences that relate directly to their learning.
- Developed enquiring minds by exploring big questions.
- Retained key learning to help them become fulfilled and knowledgeable citizens.
- Developed a fascination and interest in the best that has been said and done.
Of course, the minutiae of the impact of our curriculum implementation will vary from subject to subject. To read in detail about the direct impact of each curriculum area, see the relevant sections of the curriculum page.
If you have any questions or suggestions we would welcome these, so please contact the school with any enquiries.