Reading in Team Amin
Reading reminders and expectations
Team Amin are clearly doing some amazing reading at home and online on Bug Club so well done to all and thank you! The children have been telling me about the books they are reading and are clearly so excited and I can't wait to hear what happens next in some of their stories!
There is a bit of confusion around reading records and borrowing books (I completely understand as it is slightly different in KS2) so to clarify for everyone:
1) Reading records only need to be in on a Monday when they will be looked at to see whether the children have read during the week. Other than that, they do not need to bring them to show me every day.
2) The children can read online on Bug Club, they can read their own books at home or they can borrow a book from school (from our library banded books or our reading corner).
3) All reading (physical books or Bug Club) needs to be logged in the reading record. The record is what we use to count up their Race to 100 reads and how often they have read in the week.
4) All children are encouraged and reminded every morning to borrow/return their books. This is something they now do independently so please do also encourage your child in the morning if they need to borrow a book. We (or they) will log what they are borrowing in our borrowing book.
5) If we notice reading is not taking place in the reading record, a letter will be sent home.
6) If the children haven't got their reading record, they will be asked to bring it in on the Tuesday as we, of course, understand that it is easy to forget.
Hope that makes sense! Let me know if there is anything I can help with :)