Salt dough decorations
The school tree has arrived!!!
Each year at RAPS every class makes tree decorations to go on the school tree by the office. This year a HUGE tree has arrived and we are so excited to decorate it. In Team Spurrier we have decided to make salt dough gingerbread men, stockings and trees. Today we made the dough and Miss Spurrier took it home to cook it. Tomorrow we will start decorating them. Watch this space for the finished design :)
If you would like to make salt dough decorations at home:
1. mix 1 cup of plain flour, 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of water to form a dough.
2. roll out until the dough is about 2-3cm deep.
3. cut out shape with cookie cutters and remove excess
4. make a hole in the top with a pencil (make sure this is nice and big or will close up).
5. put on a baking tray with baking paper and cook on a low heat (150 degrees) for 2-3 hours or until hard.
6. let the decorations cool down and decorate/hang on the tree.